Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers)
Publisher: Peytchinski, Gospodin Iliev
ISSN: 1312-773X (Online)
Issue:Volume 16, book 4, 2010
Subject Collection:Oral and Dental Medicine
Page: 38 - 40
Online date: Nov 5, 2010
CLINICAL CASE OF FILLING MATERIAL FORCED IN THE MANDIBULAR CANAL (CLINICAL CASE AND TREATMENT)
Tihomir Georgiev*, S. Edrev.
*Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Department of Prosthetic Dental Medicine, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Medical University - Varna, Bulgaria;
Department of Oral Surgery, Dental Centre №1, Varna, Bulgaria
Until not so distant past, in our country it was considered that endodontic treatment of the teeth in all forms of chronic periodontitis should be completed by forcing the filling material outside the borders of the apex of the treated tooth. Nowadays, this approach is seriously reconsidered.
Key words: complications in endodontic treatment, paresthesia, neuritis of n.alveolaris inferior, surgical treatment.
Page: 38-40; FULL TEXT PDF (225 KB) Abstract
1. Meyer RA, Bagheri SC. A bioabsorbable collagen nerve cuff (NeuraGen) for repair of lingual and inferior alveolar nerve injuries: a case series. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 Nov; 67(11):2550-1[ PubMed ]
2. Bagheri SC, Meyer RA, Khan HA, Steed MB. Microsurgical repair of peripheral trigeminal nerve injuries from maxillofacial trauma. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 Sep;67(9):1791-9.[ PubMed ]
3. Ch. Babush. Transpositioning and retranspositioning the inferior alveolar and mental nerves in conjunction with endosteal implant reconstruction. J. Periodontology 2000, vol.17,1998, pp.183-190
4. Solar P., Glm C.,Frey G Matejka M. A classification of the intraosseous paths of the mental nerve. J of Oral and Maxillofacial implants 1994:9:339:344.
5. Wismeijer D., Van Wass MAJ, Vermeeren JIJF. Kalk W. Patients perception of sensory disturbances of the mental nerve before and after implant surgery.A prospective study of 110 patients. Br.J. Oral and Maxillofacial surgery 1997:35:254:259
6. Tolstunov L, Pogrel MA. Delayed paresthesia of inferior alveolar nerve after extraction of mandibular third molar: case report and possible etiology. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 Aug;67(8):1764-6.[ PubMed ]
back to Online Journal