Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers)
Publisher: Peytchinski, Gospodin Iliev
ISSN: 1312 773X
Issue: 2016, vol. 22, issue 4
Subject Area: Medicine
Published online: 31 October 2016
J of IMAB 2016 Oct-Dec;22(4):1360-1363
IMPACT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL STABILITY ON MANAGERS’ ACTIVITIES
Tsvetelina Мihailova 1 , Svetoslav Garov1, Desislava Тоdorova2, Todor Cherkezov1,
1) Department of Health Management, Faculty of Public Health, Medical University, Sofia, Bulgaria
2) Department of Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Public Health, Medical University, Sofia, Bulgaria.
The latest research performed in European countries shows that the psychosocial risks and the job related stress will become more and more important in the years to come due to their increasing spread. These trends will have even greater influence on healthcare managers' activities due to the specific nature of their jobs, which, in turn, increases the needs of efficient leadership. The purpose of the questionnaire held is to study the impact of healthcare managers’ psychological stability on the activities they perform in the course of their jobs. The analysis made shows that an individual’s performance depends on their motivation, abilities and organizational conditions and skills. What is also found out is that people with different types of behavioral control work in healthcare operative management. People with different types of psychological stability will be needed for the different management levels.
Key words: leader, psychological stability, management, motivation,
- Download FULL TEXT /PDF 476 KB/
Please cite this article in PubMed Style or AMA (American Medical Association) Style:
Mihailova T, Garov S, Todorova D, Cherkezov T. Impact of psychological stability on managers’ activities. J of IMAB. 2016 Oct-Dec;22(4):1360-1363. DOI: 10.5272/jimab.2016224.1360.
Correspondence to: Tsvetelina Mihailova, PhD, Faculty of Public Health, Medical University – Sofia; 1527, Sofia, 8, Bialo more Str., Bulgaria; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Ratcheva Z. [Health risk perception among coal miners in Bulgaria.] [in Bulgarian] Medical Meridians. 2013; 3:51-56.
2. Todorova D, Mihailova T, Etova R, Garov S. Management of risk situations. J of IMAB. 2016 Jul-Sep; 22(3):1198-1201; [CrossRef]
3. Todorova D. [International strategy for reducing emergency risks. Social and economic aspects of emergencies and protection of the population.] [in Bulgarian] Sofia: CP Center. 2012; p.31-34.
4. Prodanova J, Zlatanova T, Cheshmedzhieva A, Zlatanova R. [“Health” workplace, wasted resources or investments.] [in Bulgarian] First National Conference of the Bulgarian Society for the Study and combat stress, with international participation, Plovdiv. 2003. p 331-335.
5. Ivanov I. [Key points of success in management, Fundamentals of Management.] [in Bulgarian] Plovdiv: Macros; 2003. p. 308-311.
6. Zahov V. [International aspects of HR management. HR Management strategies and models applied in health facilities.] [in Bulgarian] SIMPLEX, Sofia 2001, p. 29, p. 41.
7. David Ulrich’s. HR Model. Published on Dec 27, 2013. [Internet]
8. Vodenicharov Ts. [Ten principles of physicians and managers.] [in Bulgarian] Simelpress Pubishers, Sofia. 2010, p.5.
9. Mihailova Tsv. The role of motivation for the efficiency of medical specialists working in hospitals [Dissertation] Sofia.2015; p.138 [in Bulgarian]
10. Mihailova Tsv. [Motivation as a management process for healthcare specialists.] [in Bulgarian] Health policy and management. 2014; 14(4):6-9.
11. Vodenicharov Ts, Popovа S. [Resistance to change – strategies to apply. Medical ethics.] [in Bulgarian] Ecoprint Publishers, Sofia. 2010, p.201
12. Koubek J, Vatchkova E. Bulgaria and Czech Republic: countries in transition. In: Human resource management in Europe: Evidence of Convergence? Edited by Brewster C, Mayrhofer W, Morley M. Elsevier. 2004. Part 2:p.313-352. [Internet]
13. Mihailova Tsv. [HR management – functions and activities performed by healthcare managers.] [in Bulgarian] Health policy and management. 2014; 14(3):6-10.
14. Mihailova Tsv. [Management, selection and recruitment of healthcare personnel, Science and technology session bulletin.] [in Bulgarian] CONTACT 2015. Sofia: TEMPO. 2015 Jun 26; p. 333-337.
Received: 15 August 2016
Published online: 31 October 2016
back to Online Journal