Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers)
Publisher: Peytchinski, Gospodin Iliev
ISSN: 1312 773X
Issue: 2015, vol. 21, issue 2
Subject Area: Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
Published online: 04 May 2015
J of IMAB 2015 Apr-Jun;21(2):775-778
PSYCHOLOGICAL BALANCE OF PATIENTS WITH INFECTIOUS DISEASE IN CLINICAL SETTINGS.
Diana Radkova1, Ivanka Boncheva2.
1) Department of Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Public Health, Medical University - Varna, Bulgaria
2) Department of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology, Faculty of Public Health, Medical University - Varna, Bulgaria.
In various fields of medicine detailed studies of psychological balance, profiles and coping strategies are being conducted. The multidisciplinary character proves that the medical care can be improved by paying more attention to the psychological aspects of the patient's clinical assessment. Researches about the psychological problems of infectious diseases haven't been published yet in Bulgarian scientific journals.
Purpose: To explore the parameters in the experience of patients, divided in three groups of infectious diseases, to examine the experience of the disease and to ascertain their impact on the treatment in the light of the trifocal therapy.
Material/Methods: Include 90 patients, treated at the Clinic of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital St. Marina during 2013-2014. The study was conducted using a personally made questionnaire based on the balance model of N. Peseshkian, 1987.
Results: In the areas of "body", "action", "contacts", "fantasy/future” the patients from the three groups of infectious diseases / airborne contagious, transmissible and acute viral hepatites/ had different experience.
Conclusions: The data received during the study suggests that the patients from the three groups experience their disease in a different way. Therefore the balance model of N. Peseschkian is an appropriate psychological instrument to examine the specifics of the experience. The results allow a scientifically substantiated search of a differentiated approach to the infectious disease in clinical settings.
Key words: Psychological balance, Infectious diseases, Experience,
- Download FULL TEXT /PDF 707 KB/
Please cite this article in PubMed Style or AMA (American Medical Association) Style:
Radkova D, Boncheva Iv. PSYCHOLOGICAL BALANCE OF PATIENT WITH INFECTIOUS DISEASE IN CLINICAL SETTINGS. J of IMAB. 2015 Jan-Mar;21(2):775-778.
Correspondence to: Dr. Diana Radkova, Department of Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Public Health, Medical University – Varna; 100, Tsar Osvoboditel Bul., Varna, Bulgaria; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Fava GA, Sonino N. Psychosomatic medicine. Int J Clin Pract. 2010 Jul;64(8):1155-61. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
2. Balint M. The doctor, his patient and disease, 1997
3. Klußmann R. Psychosomatische Medizin. Eine Übersicht Berlin, Heidelberg 1998. [in German]
4. Schmidt F., Schäfer M. Psychische Syndrome im Rahmen der chronischen Hepatitis C Infektion und der antiviralen Therapie, Klinik für Psychiatrie, Psychotherapie und Suchtmedizin, Kliniken Essen-Mitte, 1997. [in German]
5. Bontcheva Iv. Psychological Psychotherapy - vol. 1: Psychotherapeutic competence. Slavena. 2013. [in Bulgarian]
6. Natsov I, Tsonev W. Psychiatric and somatic medicine: Advisory and liaison psychiatry. GorexPress, 2002 [in Bulgarian]
7. Radkova D. Questionnaire for self-assessment of psychological balance of 7. hospitalized patients with infectious disease, unpublished, 2014. [in Bulgarian]
8. Peseschkian H . Positive family therapy. Kolor Print, Varna, 1993 [in Bulgarian].
Received: 24 September 2014
Published online: 04 May 2015
back to Online Journal