Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers)
Publisher: Peytchinski, Gospodin Iliev
ISSN: 1312 773X
Issue: 2014, vol. 20, issue 3
Subject Collection: Oral and Dental Medicine
Published online: 09 September 2014
J of IMAB 2014 Jul-Sep;20(3):572-574
STUDYING THE POSSIBILITIES OF THE INFRARED LASER WITH (λ)904 FOR TREATMENT OF BONE RESORPTION OF DENTAL IMPLANTS IN PROCESS OF OSSEOINTEGRATION.
Hristina Lalabonova1, Hristo Daskalov2.
1) Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, 2) Department of Oral Surgery, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Medical University, Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
The objective of this study is to establish the possibilities of the infrared laser with (λ) 904 for treatment of bone resorptionof bone implants in the process of osseointegration. Material and methods: The osseointegration process of 167 implants was radiologically evaluated between the first and the second surgical stage. In nine was established bone resorption reaching the implant screw. For the treatment was used infrared laser with (λ) 904 nm. Six procedures were performed, every other day, with a dose of 3-4 J/ cm2. Results: The x-ray tests done about three months after the treatment showed restoration of the bone resorption. Conclusion: In diagnosed bone resorption of implants in process of osseointegration, the application of infrared lasertherapy with (λ) 904 nm, with protocol of six sessions every other day, with dose 3-4 J/ см2per session, recovers the bone structure.
Key words: dental implants, osseointegration, bone resorption, treatment, LLLT,
- Download FULL TEXT /PDF 853 KB/
Please cite this article in PubMed Style or AMA (American Medical Association) Style:
Lalabonova H, Daskalov H. STUDYING THE POSSIBILITIES OF THE INFRARED LASER WITH (l)904 FOR TREATMENT OF BONE RESORPTION OF DENTAL IMPLANTS IN PROCESS OF OSSEOINTEGRATION. J of IMAB. 2014 Jul-Sep;20(3):572-574.
Correspondence to: Assoc. Prof. Hristina Lalabonova, Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Plovdiv; 11, Opalchenska Str., 4000 Plovdiv, Bulgaria; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Dörtbudak O, Haas R, Mailath-Pokorny G. Effect of low-power laser irradiation on bony implant sites. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2002 Jun;13(3):288-292. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
2. Nicolau RA, Jorgetti V, Rigau I, Pacheco MT, dos Reis LM, Zângaro RA. Effect of low-power GaAlAs laser (660 nm) on bone structure and cell activity: an experimental animal study. Lasers Med Sci. 2003; 18(2):89-94. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
3. Popov N. Prosthodontic Implantology. Index (Sofia). 1999; p. 391. (in Bulgarian)
4. Popov N, Peev St, Yordanov B, Abadzhiev M, Yoncheva I. Prosthodontic Implantology. (edit. N. Popov) Minerva (Sofia). 2012, p. 368. (in Bulgarian)
5. Khadra M, Kasem N, Lungstadaas SP, Haanaes HR, Mustafa K. Laser therapy accelerates initial attachment and subsequent behaviour of human oral fibroblasts cultured on titanium implant material. A scanning electron microscope and histomorphometric analysis. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2005 Apr;16(2):168-175. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
6. Pugliese LS, Medrado AP, de Almeida Reis SR, de Araújo Andrade Z. The influence of low-level laser therapy on biostimulation of collagen and elastic fibers. Pesqui Odontol Bras. 2003 Oct-Dec;17(4):307-313. [CrossRef]
7. Coombe AR, Ho CT, Darendeliler MA, Hunter N, Philips JR, Chapple CC, et al. The effects of low level laser irradiation on osteoblastic cells. Clin Orthod Res. 2001 Feb;4(1):3-14. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
8. Ninomiya T, Miyamoto Y, Ito T, Yamashita A, Wakita M, Nishisaka T. High-intensity pulsed laser irradiation accelerates bone formation in metaphyseal trabecular bone in rat femur. J Bone Miner Metab. 2003; 21(2):67-73. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
9. Pretel H, Lizarelli RF, Ramalho LT. Effects of low-level laser therapy on bone repair: Histological study in rats. Lasers Surg Med. 2007 Dec;39(10):788-796. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
10. Abe T. Diode laser LLLT-enhanced bone fusion of femoral shaft fracture complicated by chronic osteomyelitis: A case report. Laser Ther. 1990; 2:175-178.
11. Nagasawa A, Kato K, Negishi A. Bone regeneration effect of low level lasers including argon laser. Laser Ther 1991; 3:59-62.
Received: 27 June 2014
Published online: 09 September 2014
back to Online Journal