Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers)
Publisher: Peytchinski, Gospodin Iliev
ISSN: 1312 773X
Issue: 2013, vol. 19, book 1;
Subject Collection: Medicine
Published online: 22 May 2013
J of IMAB. 2013; 19(1):405-407;
EMBRIOLOGY OF DERMOID CYSTS WITH NEURO-ECTODERMAL CONTENT
Dimo S. Krastev1, Ina Filipova2.
1) College of Medicine "J. Filaretova", Medical University, Sofia, 2) Second Municipal Hospital for Obstetrics and Gynecology Sheynovo PLS, Sofia, Bulgaria.
Each of the tissues that form the human body is made up of cells and intercellular substance. Tissues do not exist in isolation, but through each other metabolic relations build organs and systems of the body during ontogeny.
During embryonic development tissues take certain place but sometimes they can be combined in different proportions and in different parts of the body. Thus, the mix of tissue formed as such derived from different embryonic structures serve to store a dermoid cysts.
Key words: embryonic development, dermoid cysts, nervous tissue.
- Download FULL TEXT /PDF 2358 KB/
Please cite this article as:
Krastev DS, Filipova I. EMBRIOLOGY OF DERMOID CYSTS WITH NEURO-ECTODERMAL CONTENT. J of IMAB. 2013; 19(1):405-407. DOI: 10.5272/jimab.2013191.405.
Correspondence to: Dimo S. Krastev, MD, PhD; College of Medicine "Jordanka Filaretova", Medical University - Sofia, Bulgaria.
1. Bolla D, Deseö N, Sturm A, Schöning A, Leimgruber C. Minilaparotomy a good option in specific cases: a case report of bilateral ovarian germ cell tumor Case Rep Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 2012:589568. Epub 2012 Mar 5. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
2. Boufettal H, Ait Idder L, Serbouti S, Mahdaoui S, Noun M, Hermas S, et al.: „Malignant degeneration of ovarian dermoid cyst”. [Article in French] Presse Med. 2013 Feb; 42 (2):232-5. Epub 2012 Apr 4. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
3. Pectasides D, Pectasides E, Kassanos D. Germ cell tumors of the ovary. Cancer Treat Rev. 2008 Aug; 34(5):427–441, Epub 2008 Apr 18. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
4. Guzel AI, Kuyumcuoglu U, Erdemoglu M. Adnexal masses in postmenopausal and reproductive age women. J Exp Ther Oncol.2011; 9(2):167-9. [PubMed]
5. Filipova I, Krastev D. MATURE TERATOMAS (DERMOID CYSTS) WITH ECTO- END NEURO – ECTODERMAL CONTENT Zdrave i Nauka, 2012; 2(4):44-49
6. Filipova I, Krastev D. MORPHOLOGICAL FEATURES OF OVARIAN DERMOID CYSTS CONTAINING NERVOUS TISSUE Trakia University – Stara Zagora 65 yrs. Medical College Collection of reports, 2012 Oct 19; p123-129
7. Nezhat C, Kotikela S, Mann A, Hajhosseini B, Veeraswamy A, Lewis M. Familial cystic teratomas: four case reports and review of the literature. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2010 Nov;17(6):782-6. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
8. Ozgur T, Atik E, Silfeler DB, Toprak S. Mature cystic teratomas in our series with review of the literature and retrospective analysis. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2012 Apr; 285(4):1099-1101. Epub 2011 Dec 14. [PubMed] [CrossRef]
9. Sahraoui W, Hajji S, Essefi A, Haouas N, Hmissa S, Bibi M, et al. [Ovary teratoma. Report of 91 cases]. [in French] Tunis Med. 2006 Jun;84(6):349-352. [PubMed] .
Accepted for publication: 25 March 2013
Published online: 22 May 2013
back to Online Journal