|Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers)
Publisher: Peytchinski, Gospodin Iliev
ISSN: 1312 773X (Online)
Issue: 2012, vol. 18, book 1
Subject Collection: Medicine
Page: 239 - 241
Published online: 23 April 2012
J of IMAB 2012; 18(1):239-241
OUR EXPERIENCE WITH MINIMALLY INVASIVE TREATMENT OF RUPTURES OF THE ACHILLES TENDON
Martin Barnev, Pavlin Apostolov, Petar Milkov
Clinic of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, MBAL “Saint Anna” Hospital - Varna, Bulgaria.
Traumatic ruptures of Achilles tendon become more frequent in the last few decades because of the increased sport activities. This fact urges the orthopedics to search for more effective methods with lower patient morbidity and shorter period for recovery. The conclusions of the study prove very low complication rate, short period for recovery and patient satisfaction after any of the presented minimally invasive techniques. It makes percutaneous minimally invasive Achilles tendon suture preferable method in the daily traumatology practice.
Key words: Achilles tendon, minimally invasive techniques.
- Download FULL TEXT ( PDF 201 KB )
Please cite this article as: Barnev M, Apostolov P, Milkov P. Our experience with minimally invasive treatment of ruptures of the Achilles tendon. J of IMAB. 2012; 18(1):239-241; doi: 10.5272/jimab.2012181.239
1. Barnev M, Raikov D, Zargar A Minimally invasive suture of the achilles tendon 05-07/05/2009 EFFORT Forum BOTA IV Conference Riviera - Varna Bulgaria
2. Raikov D, Barnev M, Five years experience in minimally invasive treatment of traumatic ruptures of the Achilles tendon - XI Congress BOTA 08-10. 10. 2010
3. Aracil J, Pina A, Lozano JA, Torro V, Escriba I. Percutaneous suture of Achilles tendon ruptures. Foot Ankle 1992 Jul-Aug;13(6):350–351. [PubMed]
4. Assal M, Jung M, Stern R, Rippstein P, Delmi M, Hoffmeyer P. Limited open repair of Achilles tendon ruptures: a technique with a new instrument and findings of a prospective multicenter study. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2002 Feb;84-A(2):161-170. [PubMed]
5. Delponte P, Potier L, de Poulpiquet P, Buisson P. [Treatment of subcutaneous ruptures of the Achilles tendon by percutaneous tenorraphy]. [Article in French] Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot. 1992;78(6):404-407. [PubMed].
Accepted for publication: 14 June 2011
Issue published online: 23 April 2012
back to Online Journal