Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers)
Publisher: Peytchinski, Gospodin Iliev
ISSN: 1312 773X (Online)
Issue: 2011, vol. 17, book 2
Subject Collection:Oral and Dental Medicine
Page: 95 - 100
Online date: September 2, 2011
J of IMAB 2011; 17(2):95-100
SOCIAL ASPECTS OF THE INFLUENCE OF COMPLEX DENTAL FOCAL SANITATION ON SPECIFICALLY DEFINED GROUPS
Maria Dencheva*, Vladimir Panov**
*Faculty of Dental Medicine, Medical University - Sofia, **Faculty of Dental Medicine, Medical University - Varna, Bulgaria
The compex dental focal sanitation is a novel method in dental medicine, which entails specific dental diagnostic and treatment (2).
The relationship between focal doctrine and systemic disease of dental origin directs our attention to some unexpected causes.
The aim of this study is to seek the opinion of patients about focal dental diagnostic and treatment in order to better organize and improve dental aid.
We studied 88 patients - 43 on hemodialysis and 45 with renal transplants.
Key words: hemodialysis, renal transplantation, dental focus.
1. Curtis, J. Treatment of irreversible renal failure. In Goldman, L. and J. Benett, editors: Cecil textbook of medicine, 2000, Philadelphia, WB Saunders.
2. Dencheva, M., А. Kisselova, A. Krasteva, Tsv. Georgieva, Il.Stoeva, T. Bolyarova Focal dental diagnostic in patients with replaced renal function-one new method in dentistry. Has been accepted for publication in the book “Hemodialysis/Book 2, InTech.
3. Dencheva, M., А. Kisselova, G. Genchev. Comperative research of DMF-T, Caries intensity-I and inquiry into self – assessment of oral health in patients with renal transplantation and patients in hemodialysis. Sofia., Problems of dental medicine, 2009, v. ХХХV, part І, 72-79.
4. Fisher, MA., Taylor GW. A prediction model for chronic kidney disease includes periodontal disease. J Periodontol. 2009 Jan;80(1):16-23. [CrossRef DOI: 10.1902/jop.2009.080226] [PubMed]
5. Riegden, S. The management of chronic and end-stage renal failure. In: Webb, N., R. Postlewaite eds. Textbook of Clinical Pediatric Nephrology, 3rd ed. Oxford Medical Publications: Oxford, 2003, pp. 427-445.
- Download FULL TEXT (PDF 265 KB)
Please cite this article as: Dencheva M., Panov Vl. SOCIAL ASPECTS OF THE INFLUENCE OF COMPLEX DENTAL FOCAL SANITATION ON SPECIFICALLY DEFINED GROUPS. J of IMAB 2011; 17(2):95-100. doi: 10.5272/jimab.2011172.95
back to current issue >