Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers)
Publisher: Peytchinski, Gospodin Iliev
ISSN: 1312 773X (Online)
Issue: 2011, vol. 17, book 2
Subject Collection: Oral and Dental Medicine
Page: 93 - 94
Online date: August 25, 2011
J of IMAB 2011; 17(2):93-94
IMMEDIATE AND DELAYED HYPERSENSITIVITY REACTIONS TO LATEX GLOVES IN A DENTAL STUDENT. A case report.
Department of Allergology, Physiotherapy and Clinical radiology, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Medical University - Plovdiv, Bulgaria
The article presents a case of dental student with immediate and delayed hypersensitivity reaction to latex gloves. Symptoms appeared during the second year of regularly using of latex gloves. The student was with no history of allergies and no previous exposure to latex products.
Key words: natural rubber latex, gloves, rubber additives hypersensitivity.
1. The dental team and latex hypersensitivity. ADA Council on Scientific Affairs. J Am Dent Assoc. 1999 Feb;130(2):257-264. [No authors listed] [PubMed]
2. Hamann CP, Rodgers PA, Sullivan KM. Occupational allergens in dentistry. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004 Oct;4(5):403-409 [PubMed]
3. Hamann CP, Kick SA. Update: Immediate and delayed hypersensitivity to natural rubber latex. Cutis cutaneous medicine for the practitioner. 1993 Nov;52(5):307-311. [PubMed]
4. Munksgaard, E.C. Permeability of protective gloves to (di)methacrylates in resinous dental materials. Scand J Dent Res. 1992 Jun;100(3):189-192. [PubMed] [CrossRef doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0722.1992.tb01739.x ]
5. Tarlo SM, Sussman GL, Holness DL. Latex sensitivity in dental students and staff: A cross-sectional study. J Allergy Clin Immunol, 1997 Mar;99(3):396-401. [PubMed] [CrossRef doi:10.1016/S0091-6749(97)70058-7 ]
- Download FULL TEXT (PDF 158 KB)
Please cite this article as: Stoeva I. IMMEDIATE AND DELAYED HYPERSENSITIVITY REACTIONS TO LATEX GLOVES IN A DENTAL STUDENT. A case report. J of IMAB 2011; 17(2):93-94 doi: 10.5272/jimab.2011172.93
back to current issue >