Journal of IMAB - Annual Proceeding (Scientific Papers)
Publisher: Peytchinski, Gospodin Iliev
ISSN: 1312 773X (Online)
Issue: 2011, vol. 17, book 2
Subject Collection: Oral and Dental Medicine
Page: 134 - 136
Online date: September 20, 2011
J of IMAB 2011; 17(2):134-136
AN ATTEMPT TO CLASSIFY THE DIAGNOSTIC ALLERGENS OF CONTACT HYPERSENSITIVITY IN DENTAL BIOMATERIALS
Department of Allergology, Physiotherapy and Clinical radiology, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Medical University - Plovdiv, Bulgaria
There is a wide range of dental biomaterials with varied and complex composition. There are too many sensibilizing substances in dental materials and a careful study of their composition is necessary for choose the appropriate contact allergens in cases of suspicion of contact hypersensitivity to dental materials. We attempt to facilitate the diagnostic of contact allergy due to dental biomaterials by classifying the basic sensitizing components in different groups of dental biomaterials.
Key words: dental materials, contact hypersensitivity, diagnostic.
1. Ivanova, I. Intraoral contact hypersensitivity to prosthodontic biomaterials. Dissertation 2008.
2. Kisselova, A. Dental allergology and Focal diagnostic. Monograph, publisher ‘’Gutenberg”, Sofia, 2001, p.327.
3. Petrunov, B., V. Dimitrov, A. Kisselova. Clinical immunology, clinical allergology, clinical dental allergology. Book, publisher ‘’Arso”, Sofia, 2009.
4. Stoeva, I., R. Velikova, A. Kisselova. An attempt to improve diagnostics of contact allergy due to dental composite materials. Problems of Dental Medicine 2010; XXXVI (2):80-87.
5. Stoeva, I. Practical guide of clinical dental allergology. Publisher ‘’Medical University-Plovdiv”, 2011, p.93.
- Download FULL TEXT (PDF 125 KB)
Please cite this article as: Stoeva I. An attempt to classify the diagnostic allergens of contact hypersensitivity in dental biomaterials. J of IMAB 2011; 17(2):134-136. doi:10.5272/jimab.2011172.134
back to current issue >