REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMITTING A MANUSCRIPTS:
The Editorial Board of the magazine 'Journal of IMAB' accepts for publications articles only in English, according to the international rules and requirements for published papers.
After submission of the paper to the Journal Editorial Board, it will be given to two independent reviewers for a thorough analysis and only after a positive review the paper will be proceeded for a full publication.
Instructions to authors for preparation of manuscript for publication in Journal of IMAB:
1/ Title of the article must contain:
a concise but informative title;
full names of all authors;
their affiliating institutions (Department; Clinic or Ward; Faculty, Medical University; Institute or Health Facility; City and Country.) indicated by numerical beneath author team;
Abstract of no more than 250 words, should contain the following major headings:
Key words: from 3 to 8 key words or short phrases for indexing your article, separated by commas, should be placed under the abstract. Use terms from the Medical Subject Headings list from Index Medicus.
- Introduction: including aim and tasks; the introduction should state the background and purpose of the topic. Cite only those references which are strictly pertinent.
- Materials and Methods: giving enough information on the used approaches; the materials and methods or patients and methods section should describe materials or your subjects as well as the methods sufficiently in detail to allow other researchers to reproduce your study
- Describe statistical methods with enough detail to allow reproduction of the study by another researcher.
- Results: these should be given concisely; the use of tables and figures to illustrate the results is encouraged; the results which are presented in tabular or illustrative form should not be reiterated in the text, but only the most salient findings should be emphasized.
- Discussion: the presentation of results should be separate from a discussion of their significance; the section should not repeat results;
- Conclusion/s/: logically arising from the actual results;
- Acknowledgments: Grants or funding of the research from pharmaceutical firms must be stated in the Acknowledgements. Authors may also acknowledge institutional funding or grants as well as technical assistance and contributions not justifying authorship.
References should be cited in the order of appearance in the text. The numbers of citations in the text should be given in square brackets [ ]. It is recommended that the number of references should not exceed 20 titles for the original articles and 40 titles for the reviews; at least 30 % of them should be published in the last 5 years.
In References section of the article please uses the following citation style (exactly as it is given): National Library of Medicine (NLM) Bibliographic Style Citing medicine: the NLM style guide for authors, editors, and publishers, 2nd Edition 2007; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK7256/
• The name and initial of first name for the first six authors, followed by et al for the next authors;
• The title of article;
• The name of the Journal and the year of appearance;
• The volume followed by number in round brackets;
• First and last page of article, separated by hyphen.
See examples of correct forms of references below and in this link:
Journals (list all authors when six or less; when seven or more, list only first six and add “et al.”):
1. Hallal AH, Amortegui JD, Jeroukhimov IM, Casillas J, Schulman CI, Manning RJ, et al. Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography accurately detects common bile duct stones in resolving gallstone pancreatitis. J Am Coll Surg. 2005 Jun;200(6):869-875.
2. Terauchi Y, Takamoto I, Kubota N, Matsui J, Suzuki R, Komeda K, et al. Glucokinase and IRS-2 are required for compensatory beta cell hyperplasia in response to high-fat diet-induced insulin resistance. J Clin Invest [Internet]. 2007 Jan 2. [cited 2007 Jan 5];117(1):246-257. Available from: http://www.jci.org/cgi/content/full/117/1/246;
Books and other monographs
3. Jenkins PF. Making sense of the chest x-ray: a hands-on guide. New York: Oxford University Press; 2005. 194 p.
4. Eyre HJ, Lange DP, Morris LB. Informed decisions: the complete book of cancer diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. 2nd ed. Atlanta: American Cancer Society. c2002. 768 p.
5. Riffenburgh RH. Statistics in medicine. 2nd ed. Amsterdam (Netherlands): Elsevier Academic Press; c2006. Chapter 24, Regression and correlation methods; p. 447-86.
6. Jones DL. The role of physical activity on the need for revision total knee arthroplasty in individuals with osteoarthritis of the knee [dissertation]. [Pittsburgh (PA)]: University of Pittsburgh; 2001. 436 p.
5/ Illustrative materials:
- Figures, Tables, Schemes, Drawing are submitted as separate files. Their legends are mentioned in the end of the manuscript, after the References.
- Figures are submitted as TIFF or JPG file, with a resolution of at least 300 dpi, numbered with Arabic numerals, and they must be cited into the body text.
Tables must be sent in Microsoft Word format and have no links to the main document or other archives, containing a reasonable number of lines and columns. Do not format (merge cells) tables. The title of the table must be printed in same page with the table.
Drawings, in JPG, TIFF or EPS format, will be numbered with Arabic numerals.
Graphs must be in Excel (preferred), JPG, EPS or PDF format.
Requirements for the program: maximum version Microsoft Word and WordExel - 2007; of vector images - the maximum version CorelDraw12.
- Abbreviations: only standard units of measurements and universal abbreviations are permitted; other abbreviations must by proceeded by full name at the first use. At the end of the text an abbreviation list must be placed.
6/ Address for correspondence:
address of leading author for correspondence and feed-back (address, phone, fax, e-mail). The e-mail address of the leading author/s/ is required to make a link page for direct contact with them by visitors to the magazine
All papers must be edited in English and in accordance with bibliographic style of the magazine.
Please send your manuscripts for publication by e-mail of the publishing house of the journal: